Monday, October 03, 2005

Conquer the Horizon pdf

So, experimenting with microgame publishing, I've put Conquer the Horizon into a tiny (5.5" x 4" profile) format that can probably fit into your back jeans pocket. The registration of the upper and lower pages is still pissing me off, and will be fixed as soon as I get around to it, but that may be weeks. So here's the file now:

Download Conquer the Horizon!
(Some assembly required)

The format is specifically not geared for retail sale, but instead as a give-away advertisement deal. You'll notice my soon-to-be website is plastered on every spread, on the back cover, and in the inside cover. The last spread is blank -- that will be adspace for other products. I figure I will publish a new version for each con I attend / have a booth at, giving a booth number for where I (and my actual retail products) are at, and advertising whatever I or other folks have for sale at the Con. I'll be able to turn out a ton of these for cheap, and make a good effort to saturate the con with little CtH books. They can come to the booth or go home and go to the website -- either way it should increase exposure.

Gasp! Actual marketing!

2 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Tony said...

I had quite a bit of trouble getting this to work right using my single side printer, but I've got to say it's a great idea. Why should an RPG require an entire bookcase? I want one that fits in my pocket!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Joshua BishopRoby said...

What I find totally bizarre about CtH is that it's so dinky and one game can run for hours on end. It makes me question my bigger projects and consider terms like 'bloated' and 'overwrought'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home