Saturday, December 10, 2005

Re-Outline

Silly, silly Joshua. The reason why you couldn't figure out how to write that chapter on Britain's rivals is because it shouldn't be a chapter, just a section within the chapter describing Britain. It should describe the rivals, not just as Britain sees them, but as the characters are likely to interact with them. Just move that bit over there, and oh look, everything makes sense, now!

Also, I seem to have misplaced the longhand manuscript of a segment I rather liked. This makes me sad.

4 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Nathan P. said...

That sucks. I always feel like I think better with a pen, and cut better with a computer.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Joshua BishopRoby said...

I write better on a computer, but large portions of FLFS were written in a bagel shop around the corner from my wife's school. Sadly, my laptop's battery has been busted and irreplaceable for a long, long time. So longhand, and then extensive editing when I transcribe to word processing, has been the norm.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Lee Short said...

Gah! I hate that! I have one scribbled note for Star, Moon, and Cross that I can't figure out what it means. The note is "make actions feed-forward, not feed-backward." Wish I knew what I meant by that. The wierd thing is, I kind of think I know what I meant by it -- but that meaning makes no sense in the context where the note is.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Joshua BishopRoby said...

Maybe you had a little burst of precognition, Lee.

Actually, I find that I circle back to ideas that I had months ago all the time -- they're a little more developed than that first time, but I kind of find my own tracks in the snow and go, "Oh, yeah -- this all works together like I half-planned it would. Neat."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home